What happens if I sell my car? Is my vehicle service contract transferrable?
In many cases, a vehicle service contract is transferrable. This added benefit can add value to your vehicle when potential buyers are looking into purchasing it. Passing along peace of mind can help make the sale go more quickly and smoothly. So, try to obtain a transferable contract when purchasing.
If you are uncertain as to the transferability of your vehicle service contract, ask your sales representative for this information when purchasing your contract, or refer to the terms and conditions of your contract that you received shortly after your purchase.
Learn About Vehicle Service Contracts
Click below to browse our Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is a vehicle service contract?
- How does a vehicle service contract work?
- Why do I need a vehicle service contract?
- What does a vehicle service contract cover?
- What is an extended warranty?
- A warranty came with my car when I bought it. Why do I need a vehicle service contract? Isn't my car covered by the original warranty?
- What happens if I sell my car? Is my vehicle service contract transferrable?
- Can I purchase extensions and upgrades to my vehicle service contract?
- What vehicle upkeep am I responsible for in order for my service contract to remain valid?
- Where can I take my vehicle for repairs?
- If I get a vehicle service contract, can I still work with my local mechanic?
- Do I have to pay for my vehicle service contract in full at the time of purchase?
- What if I want to cancel my vehicle service contract?
- Can my claim amounts exceed the amount of money I paid for my vehicle service contract?
- How are vehicle service contract claims paid?
- What happens to the money I pay for my vehicle service contract?
- What should I look for when considering purchasing a vehicle service contract?
- How does a vehicle service contract deductible work?
- Why should I buy a vehicle service contract now? Especially if I still have a manufacturer's warranty.
- Are auto manufacturers involved with the creation and sale of vehicle service contracts?
- What's the difference between a vehicle service contract and a manufacturer's warranty?
- Will purchasing a vehicle service contract subject me to telemarketers and mailings from companies that may not be reputable?
- How does the Vehicle Protection Association (VPA) ensure that I, as a consumer, am protected from fraud, false advertising, or other exploitive practices?
- Does the VPA provide a list of trusted organizations and businesses?
- Who can I contact if I have a problem with my automotive service contract or its provider?
If you believe you've been the victim of an "Extended Car Warranty Scam," please report the details to us. We are working hard to protect consumers and maintain the integrity of the vehicle service contracts industry.