The Vehicle Protection Association (VPA) is a not-for-profit organization committed to giving consumers the resources they need to enjoy a first-rate vehicle service contract experience. As a watchdog association, the VPA monitors automotive service contract providers and helps promote fair business practices throughout the industry.
Since informed consumers are the best way to ensure good business practices, we have created a range of materials designed to educate you about vehicle service contracts, service contract providers and the buying process. In this section of the website, you will find several useful information categories, including:
- Find a Vendor – A handy resource to help you identify CERTIFIED vehicle service contract providers that adhere to VPA Standards of Conduct and demonstrate a track record of providing a high level of service to consumers.
- Resources for Consumers – A comprehensive list of articles and resources to help you become better informed about products, practices and providers in the vehicle service contract industry,
- Consumer FAQ – From the myth of “extended warranties” to standard claim procedures, our FAQ sections contains important insights that every consumer should know before they enter the vehicle service contract marketplace.
- Report an Issue – If you experience a problem with a service contract vendor, we want to know about it. With our convenient reporting tool, you can submit a concern or tell us about a positive experience you had with a vehicle service contract vendor.
- Standards of Conduct – VPA Standards of Conduct are a uniform ethical code that applies to the entire automotive service contract industry. Our Standards have been intentionally crafted to help vehicle service contract providers meet or exceed federal and/or state regulations, establishing a baseline of integrity for our member organizations and the industry as a whole.
- Featured Members – Meet some of our featured members and learn how they became acquainted with the VPA.