VPA Overview for Journalists
The Vehicle Protection Association (VPA) is the leading trade organization for companies that sell, finance and administer vehicle service contracts.
The VPA is firmly committed to protecting and educating consumers about the automotive service contract marketplace, and to promoting fair and ethical business practices among vehicle service contract providers.
As a membership organization, the VPA plays a central role in helping its members implement self-regulatory measures. VPA Standards of Conduct require members to meet or exceed federal/state regulations as well as additional criteria as industry best practices developed by the VPA members.
VPA initiatives have led to dramatic reductions in customer complaints throughout the industry and have created an industry environment that is becoming increasingly known for its integrity and transparency.
To learn more about the VPA and our ongoing efforts to improve the vehicle service contract industry, we invite you to explore the information contained in this section, including:
- Resources – Helpful articles and informational resources created exclusively for journalists and media reps.
- Journalist FAQ – Answers to the questions we are often asked by media professionals.
- Standards of Conduct – An overview of the ethical code that governs the business activities of all VPA members.
- Certification – A brief description of the voluntary, third party review process that is conducted for VPA Certified companies.
- Schedule an Interview – Interested in an interview? Here is your opportunity to schedule a phone interview or face-to-face meeting with a VPA representative. To schedule an interview with the VPA Executive Director, simply complete the form below and a VPA representative will contact you shortly.