Vehicle Service Contract Buying Tips and Advice
So you’ve made the decision to purchase a vehicle service contract. Congratulations! But now the hard work really begins as you navigate the complex and potentially confusing process of buying the vehicle service contract that is right for you.
Although buying a vehicle service contract can be frustrating, a little information will go a long way toward streamlining the process and creating an enjoyable buying experience. To make your life a little easier, we have compiled a list of tips and resources that tell you everything you need to know when it’s time to start talking to prospective service contract providers.
- How to Purchase a Vehicle Service Contract - Vehicles service contracts offer peace of mind and protection from large vehicle repair bills. As such, you want to make sure that the vehicle service contract you purchase will actually cover the repairs you expect it to cover and do what you want it to do. Here are some tips for purchasing a vehicle service contract.
- Questions to Ask When Purchasing Vehicle Service Contracts - It's important to understand the terms of your automotive service contract at the time of purchase. Here are eight questions you should ask before you sign up.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Extended Auto Warranty Study - A study by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) evaluated the vehicle service contracts industry. Actions taken by the industry, as well as by federal and local regulatory agencies, have greatly improved consumer protections since the initial increase in consumer complaints in 2005 that ultimately led to the BBB study.
- Tips for Buying Automotive Service Contracts - When buying automotive service contracts, you should always insist on seeing a copy of the contract before you make a purchase.
- Car Maintenance After Service Contract Purchase - After you purchase a vehicle service contract, don't forget that you must continue to maintain your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer's car maintenance specifications.
- Compare Vehicle Service Contracts - When looking for a vehicle service contract, it pays to talk to multiple vendors and to compare vehicle service contracts before you finalize your purchase.
- Five Tips for Buying Extended Auto Service Contracts - Buying a vehicle service contract? If so, these tips for purchasing extended auto service contracts for a used vehicle will come in handy.
- Repair Shops for Extended Vehicle Protection - When purchasing extended vehicle protection, many consumers are concerned about where they can take their vehicle for repairs.
- Vehicle Service Contract Cancellation Terms - Make sure you fully understand what will happen if you want to cancel your vehicle service contract or transfer it to a new owner.
- Bumper to Bumper Warranty Coverage - Really? - When purchasing a vehicle service contract, be wary of anybody who offers "bumper to bumper warranty coverage" during the sales process.
- Please Report Misleading "Extended Car Warranty" Mail Offers - If you receive a misleading postcard that says your car warranty is about to expire and that offers to sell you "extended warranty coverage," we want to know about it.